Chord Qutest DAC
The Chord Qutest DAC is available for demonstration in our Hull store.
Chord Electronics have launched the Qutest DAC at CES 2018. The most advanced compact DAC from Chord Electronics, the Qutest is based on the latest proprietary Rob Watts’ FPGA technology developed for the award-winning Hugo 2 DAC & headphone amp. All of this is housed in a newly designed, precision machined aluminium chassis.
As stated above the Chord Electronics Qutest uses the same award-winning DAC design and software coding as the Hugo 2. The similarities with the Hugo 2 don’t stop there, the Chord Qutest DAC also uses two spherical buttons, one for frequency-shaping filters and the other for input selection.
The Chord Electronics Qutest DAC offers a significant saving over the Hugo 2 (RRP £1799), sidestepping the headphone amplifier, rechargeable Li-on batteries and crossfeed functionality sections.
Part Exchange Available
As you would expect from Fanthorpes hifi, we offer a generous part exchange against the Chord Qutest DAC. If you have any hifi that you wish to use as part payment against the DAC then either call us on 01482 223096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a price to change.
Finance Available - No Deposit Required*
Fanthorpes hifi can also offer buy now pay later on the Chord Electronics Qutest DAC, allowing you to spread or defer your payments over a year. If you are interested in taking advantage of our payment terms on the Chord Electronics Qutest DAC email email@example.com or call us on 01482 223096 and we will email an application form to you
Chord Qutest Specification:
- Frequency response: 20-20 kHz +/- 0.2dB
- Tap-length: 49,152
- Dynamic range 124 dB AWt
- THD: 0.0001% 1 kHz 2.5V RMS 300 ohms
- THD and noise at 2.5v RMS ref 3V: -117dB 300 ohms AWt
- Channel sep 138 dB at 1kHz 300 ohms
- Galvanically isolated USB
- No measurable noise floor modulation
- Inputs: 1x Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable, 2x BNC coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable (dual data mode up to 768kHz for M-Scaler operation), 1x HD galvanically isolated USB-B input 32-bit/768kHz and DSD512-capable
- Outputs: 1x (pair) stereo RCA phono outputs: 1, 2 and 3V RMS
* No deposit required on in store purchases only. Minimum 10% deposit required for online applications on the Chord Electronics Qutest DAC.